Click on one of the headings below for more information about alternative service providers.
NATIONWIDE ORGANISATIONS OFFERING SUPPORT FOR EVERYONE
- Citizens Advice Bureau - Network of independent charities offering free confidential advice online, over the phone, and in person. Services include advice on benefits, work, debt, money, family, housing, law and courts, immigration and health.
- Advice Services Alliance - Umbrella body for independent advice services in the UK. Members are national networks of non-profit organisations providing advice and help on the law, access to services and related issues.
- StepChange - Free debt advice online or over the phone that is based on a comprehensive assessment of the situation. They’ll then provide practical help and support for however long it’s needed.
- National Debtline - A free and confidential debt advice service for people in England, Wales and Scotland. Debt advice is available via email, phone or online, by using their webchat service. They offer guides, fact sheets, budgeting tools and sample letters to help you write to your creditors.
- Shelter - Advice and support service offering help with housing issues and homelessness. Expert information about everything from reclaiming your deposit to applying as homeless available on website. Free emergency helpline to help anyone struggling with a housing issue or homelessness. Their solicitors provide free legal advice and attend court for people who’ve lost their homes or face eviction.
- ACAS - Provides free and impartial advice to employers, employees and their representatives on employment rights, best practice and policies and resolving workplace conflict. Online resources and helpline available.
- Money Helper - Online advice service that provides advice on money and pensions choices. Service is offered online, face-to-face and over the phone.
- Mind - Advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem. Infoline offers confidential help for the price of a local call. A legal line provides information on mental health related law to the public, service users, family members/carers, mental health professionals and mental health advocates. All information given is certified by the PIF.
- Child Bereavement UK - Helps children, parents and families to rebuild their lives when a child grieves or when a child dies. Children and young people up to the age of 25, and anyone impacted by the death of a child of any age can access the service. Support is offered by telephone, video and instant messaging.
- Carers UK - Advice and support for carers and the people they care for. You can get advice on issues including: Carer’s Allowance, Carer‘s Credit, carers‘ employment rights, tax credits and benefits.
- Childline - Free help and support for children and young people in the UK. No matter what problem you are going through, you can talk about everything with one of Childlines counsellors. Contact them by phone, email or message boards.
- St Mungo's - Support for people who are homeless through offering temporary shelter and long-term accommodation. Other services offered are: classes on literacy and numeracy, help to get employment (Tackling Multiple Disadvantage employment scheme), courses on trade skills (e.g bricklaying or decorating), courses on gardening and horticulture (Putting Down Roots for Young People project).
- Advice NI - Provides a general service which includes support on Coronavirus, benefits, money & debt, employment and the EU Settlement Scheme. Face to face support, telephone advice line, email advice, webchat and test service are available.
- Rights of Women - Legal advice and information for women to enable better understanding and use of the law and legal rights. Telephone advice and training is offered.
- British Deaf Association - Delivers a range of services to empower Deaf people to overcome difficulties that they face on a daily basis. Services include advocacy, early intervention projects with children and family (Deaf Roots & Pride), assistance for public agencies to provide better services for Deaf BSL communities, Deaf and BSL Awareness, capacity building, work with local Deaf communities, policy work, information provision.
- Mental Health Foundation - Help to understand, protect and sustain your mental health. Through community and peer programmes, research, public engagement (e.g. Mental Health Awareness Week) and advocacy.
- Independent Age - Provides older people and their families with clear, free and impartial advice on the following issues: care and support, money and benefits, health and mobility. - Phone 02076054200 (Helpline: 08003196789) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Homeless Trust - Supports people who have been homeless, by funding the help they need to rebuild their lives. - Phone 02072691630 or email: email@example.com
- The Salvation Army - International Christian church and charity that seeks to put their beliefs into action through social welfare provision. - Phone 02073674500 or email: legacy.enquiry.@salvationarmy.org.uk
- Samaritans - Provides confidential non-judgmental emotional support 24 hours a day for people who are experiencing feelings of distress or despair. - Phone 08457909090 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alzheimer's Society - They campaign for change, fund research to find a cure and support people living with dementia today. On their website you can search for the following services in your area: Activities & social groups; Advocacy; Care homes; Care or support in the home; Daycare; Information; support & advice; Support in the community; Transport. - Phone 03331503456 (Dementia support) or 03303330804 (General enquiries)
- Gate Hertfordshire - Seeks to educate both Travelling communities and the wider Population to live side by side in a diverse Society. They work in partnership to address the issues which affect our accommodation, health, education, employment and our circumstances within UK society. - Phone 01707247088 or email: email@example.com
- Royal Town Planning Institute - Offers planning advice and support to individuals and communities. - Phone 03707749494 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public Law Project - Employs specialists lawyers who assist individuals experiencing personal disadvantage, or charities or organisations representing the interest of marginalised or disadvantaged groups. - Phone 02078431260 (Main office number) or email: email@example.com
- Kensington & Chelsea Mind Head Office and Mind Centre - Work to promote a better understanding of mental health, provide information and support to empower people who are experiencing a mental health problem and offer quality-led services to help people recover from mental illness and build sustainable futures. - Phone 02089641333 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Richmond Fellowship - The following services are available: supported housing, residential care homes, commuting based services, crisis services, domestic abuse services, social enterprises. - Phone (Head office) 02076973300
- Coach Bright - Coach Bright offers educational and personal coaching for people aged 10-30 from disadvantaged backgrounds. Their biggest schools programme, which involves pairing Year 7-13 students with a university student or senior pupil for personal coaching, has proven success in raising grades, improving confidence and boosting independence. - Phone 02034880296 or email: email@example.com
- Debt Free London - Help with all types of money worries from rent and council tax arrears to credit card and catalogue debt. - Free helpline: 08008085700
- Refuge - Provides a national network of specialist services, including emergency refuge accommodation, community outreach, independent domestic violence advocacy, culturally specific services and a team of child support workers. It also runs the Freephone 24-Hour National Domestic Abuse Helpline in partnership with Women‘s Aid. - Phone 020 7395 7700 or the Freephone 24-Hour National Domestic Abuse Helpline 08082000247
Organisations supporting Roma communities
- St Edmunds Bradford - Inclusive Nursery School and Children’s Centre working with and supporting Roma families. - Phone 01274543282 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kaskosan - Charity supporting the lives of Roma regarding education, work, benefits, health, migration and safety. - For contact see website: https://kaskosan.org/
- Migrant Information Hub - Issue based information platform to support people with different migrant backgrounds (multilingual). - Email: email@example.com
- Connecting Roma C.I.C. - Offers assistance with finances, residency and housing, employment and education, culture and integration, and information on legal rights and responsibilities. Runs a Covid-19 helpline and offers support with EUSS applications. - Phone 01274 495970 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Community Works - Local community charity supporting Roma, employs Roma staff. - Phone 01274200589 and email: email@example.com
- Community Renewal - Transforms communities by empowering and engaging individuals in community activity to improve their health, learning and employability. - For contact see website: https://www.communityrenewal.org.uk/contact/
- Romano Lav - Ensures that Romani people, especially youth, are involved as active agents in all decisions that affect their lives. We use community development as a tool to achieve the advancement of citizenship of Roma communities by involving them in decision-making processes, creating a sense of ownership, and increasing participation in community activities. - Phone 07470145625 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kent County Council
- Europia - Committed to supporting and empowering Eastern European nationals. Well-being projects, advice and legal sessions are offered. - Phone 0333 305 8570. Email email@example.com
- Roma Voices of Manchester - Community group which provides advice and support to Manchester’s Roma and aims to give the community a public voice. - Facebook page: https://en-gb.facebook.com/romavoicesmcr/. Twitter: https://twitter.com/romavoicesmcr?lang=en
- Nottingham Law Centre - Offers free, confidential and independent advice to anyone who lives and works in the city of Nottingham. - See website: https://www.nottinghamlawcentre.org.uk/forms/contact-us
- Clifton Learning Partnership - Provides services to ensure that every child & family has the best chance to succeed. - See website: http://www.clifton-partnership.org.uk/contact-us.asp
- Migrant Information Hub - Migrant Info Hub provides resources and information to service providers to support people with different migrant backgrounds to stay safe, connected and informed during covid-times and helps to reduce the harmful impacts of Coronavirus on Yorkshire and Humber and on people’s lives. - See website: https://migrantinfohub.org.uk/
- Darnall Well Being - Is operating as a local Community Hub, working closely with a range of services in the Darnall, Tinsley, Acres Hill and Handsworth areas to support the community during Covid-19. - Phone 01142496315 or Text/Call: 07946320808. If you need urgent help, you can contact Sheffield City Council: 01142734567
- Firvale Community Hub - Empowers groups and individuals to find their voice and find leadership, to influence and inform a more inclusive society, through targeted and deeply personalised education and confidence building based projects. - Phone (0114) 261 9130 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Youth Association - Works in partnership with a wide range of public, private and voluntary organisations to support and improve services for young people. Offers various activities to ensure that young people have a strong voice and positive influence on society. - Phone 01924333400 or email: email@example.com
- Sheffield Roma Network - It helps to make heard the voice of the Sheffield Roma Community, equalise their life chances and opportunities, develop the knowledge and confidence of members of Roma community to represent their community on relevant issues and to accelerate the process of bringing the Roma community to a level of maturity and engagement where they can stand equal with other communities. - For contact see website: https://www.sheffieldromanetwork.com/contact
Surrey County Council
West Sussex County Council
- Friends, Families & Travellers - Advice on health and wellbeing, Roma rights, work, housing and for young people. - Phone: 01273234777 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- European Roma Rights Centre - International public interest law organisation working to combat anti-Romani racism and human rights abuse of Roma through strategic litigation, research and policy development, advocacy and human rights education. - For contact see website: http://www.errc.org/who-we-are/our-team